Saturday 12 November 2011

Activity 5.2 more script writing

Scene 1                  Friends like these
In JANE’s dining room seated round a dining table are her friends DSC. It’s their regular Tuesday coffee and cake morning. JANE is a busy person without a moment to spare. KATE is loud, confident, fashionable. SUE is timid. APRIL is very prim. They are all in their mid thirties. JANE enters carrying a tray CSL. 
Kate:    Been busy this week. Bought some lovely new scarfs didn’t we April me dear.
April:    You purchased many scarfs. I could not find anything in that tatty shop you 
dragged me into.
Jane:   Here’s your coffee Kate.
Kate:    Bless you dear. You’re an angel, Pete didn’t deserve you. 
Jane:    Eh yeah. Hmmm....sorry Sue no herbal, did you an earl with no milk.
Sue:     (disappointed) Really!
Kate:    Don’t fret pet. I got you a lovely scarf to brighten your day. (produces a bright red 
scarf and drapes it around SUE’s neck)
Sue:    (views the scarf suspiciously) Really!
Jane:   Lovely scarf. Here’s your water April just how you like it chilled.
Kate:    Oh I have one here for you somewhere Jane. (rummages in bag)
Jane:   Ok. Back in a mo. (she hurries off CSL. APRIL lifts her glass and inspects it)
Kate:    Gotta cheer up the poor gal in this time of need eh!
Sue:     (gives KATE a confused stare) Really! 
April:    (nods in agreement and places her glass down precisely) Must admit, she is taking 
it better than I would. 
Jane:    (re-enters with plate of biscuits CSL) Here we go ladies.
Kate:    Here it is. (produces a rainbow coloured scarf and hands it to JANE) That should 
bring a smile to your face.  
Jane:    Oh thank you. I have been kinda busy lately. No time for anything. Pete says I 
always do too much.
Kate:    You mean he used to say darling.
Jane:    Er yes. Well it was last week so in the past I guess. Oh cakes. (rushes off CSL)
April:    Poor thing. I think nerves have got the better of her.
Kate:    Men will do that to you. 
Jane:   (rushes in with plate of cakes CSL) Freshly baked this morning.
Kate:   Oh darling you shouldn’t go to all this trouble, we understand. 
Jane:   Understand what. (still holding plate)
April:    (to KATE) You told me she knew.
Kate:    Well I assumed she did. I mean who wouldn’t. Unless they were too busy to.... notice......
Jane:    Notice what.
Kate:    Oh darling. I saw Pete with another woman last week. I am sorry. 
(the plate crashes to the floor)
Sue:     (astonished look on her face) Really!


No comments:

Post a Comment