Monday 7 November 2011

Activity 4.4 script writing exercise

Scene 1    At the passport desk at a foreign airport
In a French airport. Backdrop is plain wall with gate number on it. A female attendant stands behind a desk with weighing scales on floor at one end, CS. Karen a lady in her thirties has her suitcase on the scales and stands at this end facing the attendant. They are alone as Karen is the last to board. Karen is pulling items of clothing out of the suitcase and throwing them on the desk.
Attendant:     Madame your knickers are partout.
Karen:           Say what?
Attendant:     How you say; goieng everywhere.
Karen:           Well you said my bag was overweight.
Attendant:     Oui, oui but this is madness Madame.
Karen:           (stops shoveling knickers) Is it right now?
Attendant:     No Madame, c’est is half a kilogram over.
Karen:           (places one more pair on desk) How about now?
Attendant:     (picks up a thong and inspects) Oh zey are so petit but very elegant.
Karen:           Is it enough?
Attendant:     (drops thong) No Madame a little more.
Karen:           Oh well these will have to go. (pulls a large pair out and hands them to 
ATTENDANT)
Attendant:     Ooh fabuleux bloomers Madame you should keep these, no.
Karen:           I am not paying an extra 35 euros for bloomers.
Attendant:     Madame you are throwing away many beautiful things, it is a waste.
Karen:           You see, my husband gave me a tight budget for this trip; a certain amount             
for shopping and a certain amount for travel. I saw these and could not resist them. I have already overspent on shopping, so I am trying to cut down on my traveling expenses. If I don’t he is going to get very mad at me.
Attendant:     (puts down bloomers and picks up a see through pair) You could always 
charm him with these, no?
Karen:           No, that I am afraid would not work.
Attendant:     (runs her fingers over the material) Zey would work on moi.
(pause)


Karen:           Erm I .....you are a very attractive lady and ...... I mean there’s nothing 
wrong in that.....I er..... I know, you have them.
Attendant:     Oh Madame I am not allowed to take bribes or gifts from customers.

Karen:           Well .....erm am I at the correct weight now?
Attendant:     Oui Madame.
Karen:           (quickly closing the suitcase) Thank you I must dash for my flight. (exits 
SL)
Attendant:     But Madame .....(waves knickers at KAREN)..... your knickers.
(ATTENDANT sighs, picks up waste basket and places the knickers in one by one. When she picks up the bloomers she looks around and puts them in her pocket.)

No comments:

Post a Comment