Tuesday 11 October 2011

A363 Activity 2.6


Activity 2.6

“The price of a cuppa is ridiculous now a days.”
    Nathan looks up from his iphone as an elderly lady sits in the chair opposite him. She looks like she is wearing an outfit made from his mums awful flowered curtains and smells of roses.  “Missus you have a strawberry crusha with a cherry on the top.”

     “Yes young man very observant. I refused to pay £2 for tea when for only 25p more i can have this wonderful concoction.” 

     Nathan stares as he watches the old dear get comfortable and proceed to rummage through her hand bag. He glances round the cafe. All the other tables are empty. His iphone beeps at him and he returns to the endless stream of communication. 

     “Ah there it is.” She exclaims as a small leather journal is placed on the table. “Thats my ideas and memories place that is,” tapping the journals worn surface.  Nathan ignores her. “I suppose that’s your modern day version is it? 

     Nathan sighs. “Missus this is my iphone. I speaks with my mates and it keeps me happy.”

     “You don’t store ideas and memories on it then?” 

     “Well it can take pics and vids and access the internet and stuff. I don’t use it much for that kind of thing though, just chat and maybe games on the net.”

     “So what do you do young man if you get an idea for something and need to write it down somewhere.”

     “Well there’s probably an app for that. Although i don’t really get ideas, so no point.” 

     “Oh I get the most wonderful ideas. Too many to contain in the old noggin. So must have somewhere to write them down.” She picks up the journal and holds it out to Nathan. “Here have a look. I am sure you will find something to inspire you.” 

     “Look no offence missus. I am trying to have a conversation and was happy until you sat here.”

     She places the journal down in front of Nathan and fixes her eyes on his. “Why do you talk to your friends on that. Why are they not here in person to have a proper conversation like i am trying to have.” 

     “Missus I have Leukemia and my friends have a life. Are you happy now.”

     The old lady removed her fur hat exposing a matching bald head. “My journal details how i have survived 3 cancers.” 

     Nathan switched off his iphone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment