Tuesday 11 October 2011

A363 online exercise 1


Online exercise 1

Matt sits there flicking the 60 watt bulbs surrounding the mirrors perimeter. Each one in turn would blink out then blink back on when its neighbor was flicked. It was simple amusement for a troubled mind. 

     “Do you mind. That is annoying and they can break.” His father glared at him from the next dressing table. “Anyhow it’s time you got ready.” 
     Matt had only managed to don his checkered trousers. He picked up a red ball and perched it on his nose. He then proceeded to make faces in the mirror; mostly gruesome. “Matt will you grow up. You are 24 for christ’s sake.” Matt frowned. “Whats got into you Matt? The only smile I see on you lately is the painted one.” 
     “Its not funny anymore dad. I am not funny anymore. The kids hate me; I hate the kids.” 
     “That’s not true son. I think…”
     “You love the endless key stone cops stuff and the fact that our family has always known the circus life. You don’t know how mundane this has become to me. How I dread each day putting on this charade. I can’t follow in your size 32s it’s too much.” Matt stands with his back to the mirror, perspiration running down his bare chest.
 “I am sorry son I don’t know what to say.”
     In the prolonged silence a female dancer strides through the dressing room. “Oh hello sexy,” she titters. Then disappears. 
     Matts face at first begins to frown and then transforms into a mile wide grin. He turns and grips his fathers shoulders. “Thats it. Thats it. I will become a male stripper.” 
     His father’s face pales under his makeup. “Er a what?”
     “It’s perfect. I can do an act with the clown suit to start with. I can keep the suit can’t I dad.” 
    “Erm sure.”
     “I can start with the local clubs.” Matt grabs his fathers arm and leads him off.
     “Where we going son?” 
     “To print some flyers to give out at this afternoons parade. This is ok with you isn’t it dad.”
     “Er as long as you are happy son. Although running away from the circus is a new one.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment